Kitten Kindergarten is a socialization and training opportunity designed for kittens less than 4 months old. At this early age, kittens are most receptive to new experiences and bonding with other animals and humans. Our courses use all positive reinforcement based training techniques and are a fun way to help your kitten build confidence.
- Socialization & Positive Reinforcement Training Methods
- Appropriate Play Behavior
- Appropriate Scratching Behavior
- Basic Handling, Grooming, Nail Trimming, and Medication Administration
- Carrier Training
- Harness Training
- Clicker Training
- Basic Commands (Sit, Stay, Come)
To participate, kittens must meet the following requirements:
- Under 4 months of age
- Current on all age-appropriate vaccines
- Tested negative for feline leukemia and intestinal parasites
- No coughing, sneezing, vomiting, diarrhea, or hair loss
For the health and safety of all participants, kittens not meeting these requirements will NOT be allowed to attend the course.
Courses are offered Saturday afternoons in Spring and Summer. Please call 512-910-CATS for class availability.