11215 S IH-35 Ste. 109, Austin, TX 78747
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00/hr
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will maintain the facility and equipment clean and follow the appropriate protocols. A Veterinary Assistant should anticipate needs and keep the space ready for the next patient; cleanliness and proper disinfection play a crucial role in their day-to-day activities. They will also assist Veterinary Technicians and Veterinarians in exams, retrieving lab samples, taking radiographs, providing environmental enrichment to patients, and other duties as directed.
Do you want to make the world a better place for cats?
Are you an individual seeking a Paws-itive work culture where your opinion matters? Are you a Cat Person seeking to start or advance your career in the veterinary field? Don’t “Purr-Crastinate”! Apply today!
South Austin Cat Hospital is searching for Veterinary Assistants to join our mission to make the world a better place for Cats.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in challenging themselves to develop their knowledge and skills continuously and to follow our core values.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Six months of veterinary experience are preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification as a Veterinary Assistant is preferred.
- A complete obsession with cats is a must.
- Genuine love for cats and working in an animal care environment.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying patients and equipment weighing up to 30 lbs, sitting or standing for extended periods.
- You will be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches, and contagious diseases.
- 8-hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Competitive pay based on experience, certifications, and licenses
- A comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- EAP coming on February 2023
- Continuing education opportunities
- Employee pet discounts
- and more!
Date Posted: 2022-12-15